The IIMS provides a total customer-centric solution for Insurers which covers all
example, product development, marketing, intermediary management, underwriting, policy
claims, payment and accounts. Although designed on a modular basis, all the various
integrated. Requirements for quick and real time information may be obtained with little
to make important
operational decisions. IIMS also incorporates the e-CMS (or electronic Claims Management
which can be
implemented on a stand-alone basis, if needed.
The e-CMS incorporates a built-in workflow and document management system which helps to
shortcomings of claims operations. The workflow system allows different setups for the
products by product
type, loss amount, loss type, etc to ensure the different processes within the set
are consistently met.
The system is able to monitor the performance of the staff and for work to be reassigned in
The IIMS system is able to cater for self rating where details of the customer keyed in
assessment are checked
against the underwriting guide to determine the acceptance and rates chargeable invariably
speeding up the
The IIMS platform supports multiple languages and currencies.
Both the IIMS and e-CMS were designed with a 3-tier architecture and were developed to the
J2EE MVC 2 Model
which allows for easy integration to other systems conforming to the standard.
How Does The System Work?
IIMS is a complete web-based end-to-end solution enabling the insurer to manage
customers at all
phases of their policy life-cycle from front-end and back-end management to module
At the front-end, it manages activities such as quotation or proposal, underwriting,
agency management, accounting, enquiry & analysis and risk accumulation.
At the back-end, daily activities including policy and customer management, cover note
financial system, updating & reporting and backup & recovery are managed by the back-end
Its various modules allow for the tracking of agents profit commission, RFUR, treaty
SMCD, IBNR and
premium warranty to ensure that adequate statutory reserves are being provided and that the
operations conform to regulatory guidelines. Other modules cater cheque outsourcing, risk
accumulation on a
real-time basis, etc.
The submission management modules provides for various statements and reports, which are
required by management,
industry and regulatory bodies.
IIMS is designed to suit existing processes of insurers and supports the entire value-chain
the business (agents,
brokers, suppliers, internal departments, users, customers and regulators).
The following diagram represents an overview of IIMS:
IIMS is designed to be implemented across all business units and product lines of a general
Its flexible architecture allows the system to adapt to changing business conditions and
requirements. The system is very agile and has the necessary speed to market to maintain the
competitiveness of the company.
The scalable architecture allows the solution to be implemented for companies of various
and supporting their subsequent
IIMS is a modular yet fully integrated insurance processing system that supports the business
and processes of
General Insurance companies operating in today’s competitive and dynamic markets. The
functionalities provided by IIMS are developed exclusively for the industry, to make every
step of the processes
faster, easier, and accurate. The flexible architecture supports user business and workflow
improve operational efficiency and reduce costs.
Key functionalities include:
- Web based application enables rapid deployment and connectivity for all users anytime
- Supports all classes of General Insurance and all processes with functionalities such
- Marketing, intermediary and channel management, whole policy lifecycle – policy
administration (new business,
renewal, endorsement, cancellation), accounting, agent’s commission and
statement, underwriting, risk
assessment, risk accumulation, claims handling (registration, loss adjustment,
- Provides management information reporting and report writer including indices.
- Financials (AR, AP, GL, recovery)
- Agents Commission and Statements
- Statutory reporting and statistics– Central Bank and Industry Group
- Customer-centric RDMS (Relational Database Management System) provides a single view of
the policyholder in order
for the insurer to accurately profile and understand their customers’ needs.
- Central electronic repository of data and files enabling common paperless access and
real-time sharing of
information and data either by staff, agents or systems.
- Electronic work-flow(routing, approvals and alerts) ensures systematic and structured
claims processing life cycle.
It also provides tracking of processing time and productivity.
- Automated processes supporting reconciliation, claims recovery, payment, salvage and
- Modular design allows an Insurer to purchase the modules individually as standalone
- Fast time to market due to configurable and parameterised system architecture means that
the system is readily adaptable to any business process or requirement in a short time span with minimal
- 3 Tiered architecture (Model View Control) keeps the business logic completely separate
from the control and view logic, making it very easy to add new views to the application.
- Developed in compliance to J2EE specification standard which allows for easy integration
to other systems conforming to the standard Customer Relationship Management module where the data of insured
captured may be further analysed and utilised to the insurers' benefit.
- The systems supports multiple languages and currencies.
Effective Control Measures
The IIMS solution includes the following features:
- Blacklisted Control
An alert is generated when a vehicle number or engine number or chassis number is found within the blacklist
table and the transaction will be blocked.
- Risk Accumulation Alert
An alert will be triggered if the company exposure (sum insured) is exceeding the pre-setup risk limit set in the system such as by the risk location or by the project basis.
- Treaty Placement Arrangement
The reinsurer participates with a fixed share in all the risks accepted in the class of business by the treaty. The quota share profile can be setup in the IIMS module. The cedant's and reinsurer's participations are fixed share based on certain percentage of each risk written by the cedant. The percentage is agreed as from inception of the treaty and used as a basis for the apportionment of premiums and claims whilst the treaty is in force.
- Excess Of Loss Handling
The total amount of excess of loss reinsurance protection which a company needs to protect a given set of exposures is usually not written in one contract. Instead, the total amount is split into layers (IIMS can set the treaty limit and support upto 5 layers) and separate contracts are written which fit on top of each other and have similar or identical terms but separate limits which sum to the total amount required.
- Efficient management of claim data and files
With the document imaging capability of storing digitized images of files, which allows for faster recall of information and less downtime due to lost or misplaced physical files.
- Elimination of delays and errors of manually entering new and duplicate information
IIMS is the client centric module which the details of insured captured during policy processing need not be keyed in again in the claims module in the event of a claim which also accelerates processing time. The client information will be pulled over from underwriting to claim and the information can't be edited.
- Claim Payment Approval
IIMS is designed with build in workflow functionality, the claim payment required 2 stages of approval based on the limit set in the profile.
IIMS enable to print receipts for the premiums received from policyholders or claim recovery received using the receipting functionality. It allowed to offset the policy or endorsement transaction. No amendment is allowed once the receipt is printed.
Product Modules of IIMS
IIMS supports the various classes of general insurance with the Base Software consisting of the following:-
- Underwriting Module For Motor
- Underwriting Module For Fire
- Underwriting Module For Bond
- Underwriting Module For Engineering
- Underwriting Module For Workmen Compensation
- Underwriting Module For Miscellaneous Accident
- Underwriting Module For Liability
- Underwriting Module For Marine
- Underwriting Module For Personal Accident
- Underwriting Module For Health
IIMS is designed to support the processes of General Insurance companies at all phases of its business life-cycle and
the following operational modules are in built to fully support all the classes of insurances as provided.
- System Admin/Security/Code Master Module
- Agency and Marketing Module
- Quotation Module
- Cover Note Module
- Package Policy Module
- Installment Module
- Risk Accumulation Module
- Reinsurance Module
- Claims Module
- Renewal Module
- Insurance Accounting Module
- Financial Module (General Ledger)
- Treaty Accounting Module
- Agent Profit Commission Module
- Reserve for Unexpired Risk Module
- Premium Warranty Module
- Incurred But Not Reported Module
- Statement of Movement of Claims Module
- Production Reporting Module (configurable by branch, SBU, client, intermediary, class, etc)
- Production Enquiry Module (Real-Time)
- Month-end Processing Module
- Statutory Reporting Module
Benefits of IIMS
- Quick time to market as the system is easily configurable to suit the user’s business requirements and is
quickly adaptable to the changing market trends.
- Optimises the utilisation of resources by identifying and streamlining cumbersome business processes.
- Elimination of delays and errors of manually entering new and duplicative information; for example
insured captured during policy processing in the marketing module need not be keyed in again in the claims
the event of a claim which also accelerates processing time.
- Automated process management enables audit reviews and business process re-engineering for continuous
- Efficient management of integrated backend data and files due to the document imaging capability of
storing digitized images of files, which allows for faster recall of information and less downtime due to lost
or misplaced physical files.
- Low risks in implementation as IIMS is designed from the ground up for the insurance industry related
processes. To adapt the system to existing processes merely some configuration and minimal customization.